Scavenger Hunt on the KY Lincoln Heritage Trail
For a fun activity while touring the trail, find answers to the questions below! Participants who successfully answer 10 or more questions will be entered into a prize drawing. To enter, just complete the dorm below or email a picture of your completed Scavenger Hunt form to email@example.com.
1. LINCOLN BIRTHPLACE NATIONAL HISTORICAL PARK- Hodgenville
What three names have been used throughout history for the natural spring found in the park?
2. LINCOLN BOYHOOD HOME- Hodgenville
What was the name of Lincoln's young friend that saved his life one day while crossing Knob Creek?
3. LINCOLN MUSEUM AND DOWNTOWN STATUES- Hodgenville
What was the city of Hodgenville called when Lincoln was born in 1809?
4. KENTUCKY HISTORICAL SOCIETY- Frankfort
Which two native Kentuckians are featured in portraits above Lincoln's pocket watch?
5. STATE CAPITOL ROTUNDA- Frankfort
Who is the other “president” memorialized with a statue in the rotunda?
6. ASHLAND: THE HENRY CLAY ESTATE- Lexington
Ashland has a reproduction of a painting of Abraham Lincoln at the one event at which he likely met Henry Clay. What is the event?
7. MARY TODD LINCOLN HOUSE- Lexington
The museum's collection includes a silver mug given to the Lincoln's youngest son, Tad. What occasion does it commemorate?
8. CAMP NELSON CIVIL WAR HERITAGE PARK- Nicholasville
How many rooms are located in the White House at Camp Nelson?
9. FARMINGTON HISTORIC PLANTATION- Louisville
How old was Abraham Lincoln when he visited Farmington?
10. LINCOLN MEMORIAL AT WATERFRONT PARK- Louisville
What kind of book is Lincoln holding in his hand as he looks out over the Ohio River?
11. WHITE HALL STATE HISTORIC SITE- Richmond
The signed Lincoln document at White Hall is dated what year?
12. LINCOLN LEGACY MUSEUM- Springfield
What was Thomas Lincoln’s property tax in Washington County in 1801?
13. ABRAHAM LINCOLN LIBRARY AND MUSEUM- Near Middlesboro
What personal item was left in the Presidential Box at Ford’s Theatre the night President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth?
14. PERRYVILLE STATE HISTORIC SITE- Perryville
At the location where a young Lieutenant fought to hold his position during the battle of Perryville, there is now a reproduction cannon named after a famous European leader. What is the name of the cannon?
15. HARDIN COUNTY HISTORY MUSEUM- Elizabethtown
What young niece of Abraham Lincoln visited the White House during the Civil War and insisted that Jefferson Davis was the real president?
16. CENTRE COLLEGE LINCOLN STATUE- Danville
Which Centre College alumnus loaned Lincoln his first law books and eventually became his first law partner?
17. JEFFERSON DAVIS BIRTHPLACE STATE HISTORIC SITE- Fairview
A Confederate States of America Medal of Honor was issued on October 13, 1862. Who was the recipient?
18. LINCOLN HOMESTEAD STATE PARK- Springfield
Located near the historic cabins is a stone memorial. Who does the memorial honor?
19. CIVIL WAR MUSEUM OF THE WESTERN THEATRE- Bardstown
What was the famous Union artillery battery from New Orleans that fought at the battle of Perryville?
Do Not Fill This Out